Check out our Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for updates, news, and stories all about the bonspiel we love!
With 5 full days of curling, 2 games a day, is your body ready for this? I've put together a few stretches and links for some workout plans from some curling experts.
We sat down with the winners from the 2022 Friars' Briar to see what they did to prepare, what they learned and how they plan to return next year.
Have you been missing curling with your fellow clergy?! London Ontario in 2023 could be your year!
Registrations for the 2024 Friars’ Briar in Regina are COMING SOON!
Things to note as you register:
- Before registering, please read over the Friars’ Briar Bonspiel Rules to ensure that your team meets all the necessary requirements. Further clarifications can be found in the Friars’ Briar Constitution (particularly Article 8.4 amendment of 2018)
- A team’s registration is considered complete when their registration form has been submitted and full payment has been received (either by cheque or INTERAC e-Transfer). If you’ve never used INTERAC e-Transfer before here is a tutorial video or check Youtube.ca for your specific bank.
- We are now using a team registration process. Each team will submit one registration form and one payment for the entire team. A team of three will be allowed to register in which case we will connect you with an individual looking to help complete a team if available.
- Individuals without a team may fill out the shorter Individual Registration Form. (Under the Team Registration form) We will confirm by email once a team placement is confirmed.
Rules for the Make-up of a Team in the Friars’ Briar Bonspiel (Also: See all FBA Rules for Briars)
- A. For the Friars’ Briar, the “skip” is defined according to the CCA Rulebook which says: 6. (1) The skip has the exclusive direction of the game for their team and shall deliver stones in each end. (2) The skip may play any position in the delivery rotation of their team. Teams eligible to play in the Friars’ Briar must have a minimum of one clergy or employee of a faith-based organization on the team, who plays in the position of skip or vice-skip. Exceptions must be cleared by the Executive on an annual basis. (Article 8: FBA Bonspiel Rules) It is preferable, but not essential, that all members of a Rink shall be from the same Province as the Skip.
- B. A player who is not clergy, family of clergy, an employee of a church organization, or a member of a Clergy Curling League must play lead. (Article 8: FBA Bonspiel Rules)
- C. Any exceptions to this rule must be approved on a case by case basis by the governing board of the Friars’ Briar Association. (Board decision)
Please Note: Registrants will find it easier to complete registrations on desktop/laptop computers, rather than by smartphones that compress details. (Individual Registration form follows Team form) Read and collect required information before starting to fill in form)
For Team Registrations
For Individual Registrations