Directors Meeting, March 8-2016 Ottawa, Ontario
Friars’ Briar Board of Directors Meeting
March 8, 2016 – 6:00 pm – Hunt Club, Ottawa
Present: David Martin, Pam Bartel, John Torrance, Don Sjoberg, Dan Skaret, Ron Wegner, Ernie Paetsch, Sig Wall
Opening Prayer by Don Sjoberg
The adoption of the agenda was accepted.
Treasurer’s Report – Balance of $3000. Moved by Sig Wall that they be accepted, by consensus.
1. The report of the Local Arrangements Committee was given by David Martin. Everyone agreed that the event is well organized.
5. Review of Present Board Members and officers:
President – David Martin
Vice President – Don Sjoberg
Past President – Sieg Wall
Secretary – John Torrance
Treasurer – Dan Skaret
Historian – Ken Murdoch
BC – Ernie Paetsch 2020
AB – Don Sjoberg 2019
SK – Ron Bestvater
MB – Ken Perett – 2020
ON – John Torrance 2018
ON – Pam Bartel 2018
Location and Date of 2018 Friars’ Briar:
Invitation by Don Allen to host it in Victoria BC. The Board agrees to accept the offer.
* Faith Life Financial
* Kindred Credit Union – perhaps subsidize travel for Ontario curlers
* Sieg suggested we could approach Manitoba Credit Union
* Goldline Curling Equipment
* Asham Curling Equipment in Manitoba
* Don Pattison of Vancouver
* Sell vests or shirts
6. Award nominations were sought for the Amazing Grace plaque. It was agreed to present it to Susan Wilson on Friday.
7. The Don Amos and Hugh Christmas Awards will be announced on Friday after our lunch when final results are in from the medal rounds.
8. A reminder was given that the $5.00 fee from registration should come back to the Board since this has been missed in the past.
9. Consensus was reached by the Board that the travel subsidy for Ontario be $125 since all the other provinces had come down $25.
10. The Agenda for the AGM Banquet was reviewed and approved.
11. Memorial presenters are needed for the late Wilmer Minke and Jim Lawrence.
12. We adjourned at 6:40 pm.
Jrt/mar 8 2016